Visa

Went to Frankfurt today to apply for my Italian student visa. Finally get to experience the faster German trains. The journey is about 2 hours. I almost didn't manage to submit my application at the consulate office. When I arrived at about 8:45am, the person handling visa is not there yet so I was asked to wait. I waited for about 45 minutes outside the room but no one showed up. Then I thought, "Oh no...maybe that person is not here today". I already had quite bad luck with my German visa that I needed 3 appointments to finally get my visa done last Thursday. All my friends managed to get theirs done in just one appointment and we have exactly the same situation, just different officer. Anyway, another 15 minutes later, a lady approached me and asked me what I was doing there. When I told her I came for the visa, she said the person is not here today. Seriously, just my bad luck. But she was nice and gave me forms to fill and took my documents. Then, she told me that I can keep my passport and the person will contact me next week to make an appointment to come again. I asked if I could get the visa immediately when I come the next time and she just said maybe because she's not sure if anything else is needed. Oh I sure hope so. A trip costs me almost 60€ and that's already the discounted price!

1 comments:

    On December 24, 2007 8:08 PM Anonymous said...

    hum, it was bureaucratizing. I hate such situations.