London vacation

Vacation was pretty fun and relaxing. The weather was a disappointment though, being wet and gloomy almost every day. And severe wind was predicted for new year's eve and a lot of cities in UK cancelled the celebration. For safety reason, I stayed home and watched the new year's programme on tv and it turned out that it wasn't too bad in London. Sigh! Maybe another year then. I braved through the strong wind and rain with an umbrella the night before new year's eve and still got all soaked while walking across the Millenium Bridge from Tate Modern. Despite the super lousy weather, I managed to see the major sights, shop, eat a lot and met up with friends :)

Upon arrival at the airport, I felt so relieved that I finally can understand the people around me. No more straining the ear to try to understand what people are saying. Stuffs are as expensive as in Germany but the sale items are really a bargain. They have some nice markets too and I find Camden Lock quite similar to the Bangkok markets. After shopping at Harrods, as we were walking around the building, I smell something familiar but couldn't make out what it was. Then, I saw the sign. Krispy Kreme! :D Too bad I couldn't get a dozen coz I was leaving the next day. I was actually planning to watch a movie like every other day coz I miss going to the cinema quite a bit but finally we only managed to catch Happy Feet.

During the first few days, I still tried to work on my paper while waiting for my housemates to wake up. And I felt that I'm wasting a lot of time watching lame old English comedy at home during the night. But I didn't want to seem unfriendly so I stayed in the living room watching whatever programs they were watching. As the week progressed, I managed to relax and not think about how much time is being wasted. Hehe. So, did not get much work done afterall. Now that I'm home, I gotta continue working on my paper and start working on the other assignments. Wish I have one more week before school starts.

1 comments:

    i miss Krispy Kreme!!!