Cooking with wine

Finally bought myself a bottle for wine after resisting the temptation for months. After I got the wine together with my groceries for the week home, I realised that I didn't have corkscrew. Well, was kinda excited so I went out to the nearby store to get it. The corkscrew turned out to be more expensive than the wine itself! Anyway, popped the cork, had half a glass and found that the taste is nice but very very mild. It was a cheap bottle after all and I paid for it with the empty coke cans I returned. Yeah, I used to drink quite a bit of coke. Now, it's only one can a week. Later, I used the wine to cook risotto with mushroom and shrimp for dinner. The flavor turns out quite well and that's pretty much my achievement for today. Still have about 2/3 left. Perhaps I shall have another half a glass later and use it to cook chicken tomorrow.

2 comments:

    red wine can't be kept for long though, gotta finish it in 1-2 days before it turns bad

    yeah..that's true for white too. better not take the risk of drinking bad wine. the bottle i have is white, finishing tonight.