Frankfurt

After I finished at the consulate office around 11am, I went walking around town. Saw most of the major sights and the shopping district. I came across a japanese supermarket at a corner and saw people moving stuffs into the shop. Surpringly, it's not fancy at all but looks like those ugly chinese supermarkets. I saw signs for sushi and I thought this place should be cheap since it's in a "market" and walked to the door and found that it's closed on monday. Sigh! I'm not sure if I can remember how to get back to that street coz it's slightly off the main streets. Then, the inside of Cathedral of St Bartholomew, also known as the Kaiserdom is just amazing and the music from the huge organ is heavenly. I somehow felt uncomfortable taking photos inside, like I'll distrupt the holiness of the place. Also walked along the river and finally back to the train station.

Now I know why people prefer to take the train than flight. There's no checking-in with the train, the seats are bigger, more comfortable, more legroom, table and power outlet for your computer (some trains have wifi too), you can use your phone, bigger toilet, and great view! I didn't try the restaurant but the food does look tasty. The best part of this train journey is the view along the Rhein as the train runs along the river somewhere between Mainz and Koblenz. You can see the river, little towns by the river and mountains in the background. Too bad couldn't take photos as the window is very reflective.

0 comments: