Cooking mushroom and spam bucatini


Was trying to make a creamy sauce with this but I ended up using too little cream because I was afraid of the result having a strong cream taste. I guess people would normally use bacon instead of spam but I only had spam at the time so I made thin strips and fried it till crispy. Later, I found this combination on a restaurant's menu in google. Bucatini pasta with mushrooms, bacon, prosciutto, peas and tossed in olive oil, butter and garlic. Sounds delicious. I think I'll give it a try next time.

3 comments:

    this is slowly becoming a cooking blog. :P

    hehe..i started to realise that too. just that lately i become very intersted in cooking.

    On January 12, 2008 6:19 PM Anonymous said...

    seems as if u liked varations of carbonara eheh love the italian cuisine too. i just havent found out which shape of pasta matches which sauce, has to be a closely kept secret rofl anyways u could always safely stretch the cream with some water in the end, u only might have to feed more peepz afterwards^^. hf & gl for the next one!