Cooking beef sukiyaki

When I went groceries shopping a few days ago, I came across thin sliced beef. I don’t remember seeing them before in any of the supermarkets in Trento. I could probably get it by asking the butcher but I don’t what it’s called in Italian. Anyway, I was immediately reminded of Kobe beef and how much I miss Japanese food. So, I bought the beef and that night, I was excited thinking what I should do with it and decided on sukiyaki. Haven't been cooking anything nice this week and am finally in the mood to make this for lunch today. So glad it turned out well especially the sauce, although the beef is not so nice. (maybe I'm expecting too much, it ain't no Kobe beef to start with)

Sukiyaki sauce
2 tbs soy sauce
1 1/2 tbs chicken stock (to replace sake)
3 ts sugar
2 tbs water (according to taste)

Beef sukiyaki with chinese cabbage, mushrooms and egg

2 comments:

    looks simple but nice!

    kobe beef? it's expensive. I settle for Autralian beef sliced thinly. I bought it for DIY shabu-shabu once, I just cook the sliced beef in boiling water, dipped it into Japanese soya sauce with a raw egg beaten into it. Cook the slice like this, 1-2-3, dip into soya sauce and eat. Yummy.