Uni facilities

In relation to the previous post, it seem to me that it's expected of us to also study or do our assignments or research in the weekends. However, the libraries and computer labs are closed on weekends! I know Germans don't work on weekends and everything is closed on Sunday but I didn't think that university facilities would be closed as well. So, they expect us to do so much stuff but they don't provide the environment for us to do so.
Furthermore, you would think that if the CS departments have their own little libraries, they would have quite a collection of books. Wrong! They only have 5-7 shelves of reference books; mostly in German. Though there are quite a number of shelves holding journals from ACM, IEEE, etc. I have yet to check out the main library in Aachen but I do hope they have more books. Othwerwise I would have a tough time writing my technical paper with only a few references.

2 comments:

    you might want to subscribe to some online tech reference book like the safari library.

    i'll check it out. i'm still waiting for my student account so that i can access the acm digital library online. plenty of bureaucracy in this country.