Lots of work

I'm glad classes are over for this week. Well, except for German class. I had no idea that these classes requires so much work outside of lecture. Most classes here comes in 2 parts; lecture and lab. Lecture session is only once a week so it could last 3 straight hours. After each lecture, there's usually an assignment and you'll need to submit the assignment before the lab session in the following week. During the lab, the answers to the assignment will be discussed. On top of it, there's reading assignments!

A professor told us that each credit for a course is equivalent to 30 hours of work. And we are expected to spend the same amount of time we spend in class at home doing the assignments/reading books/reviewing materials. One of my class has 8 credits so I'll be spending 8x30=240 hours for this class over 14 weeks in which 3 weeks are holiday. I have 22 credits this semester, excluding German class and technical writing. After calculation, it comes out to about 50 hours a week. It's already worse than working and I haven't add in the hours that I'm putting in for work.

2 comments:

    wow! your courses do sound worst than my work. but i still don't feel like i'm blessed in this current job. sigh.... i wish you luck and myself too.

    oOO sounds like a lot of work. I'm sure you can manage somehow. :)