Rigid Masters programme

I found out that not only does the German uni has compulsory courses, the Italian uni has compulsory courses too. And we have to satisfy the requirements of both unis. These are the requirements for the standard students enrolled in each uni and somehow it applies to us as well; which makes life super difficult for us since some courses are only offered during a particular semester. So, we'll end up with a lot more than the required 90 credits of course work. These courses are mostly intermediate level general courses which I have no interest in whatsoever. Luckily I managed to get exempted for 2 mandatory courses since I have taken in undergrad. But I'm still only left with 2-3 courses which I can choose for myself.

Besides compulsory courses, the uni in Germany also group courses in categories and we have to satisy a certain amount of credits in each category. Which means I need to check which category the courses I want to take is in. And these courses will be taken in Italy so have to make sure it satisfy the German uni as well.

I think this is the third year the programme is running and things are still unclear. Plus, the school break is also not in sync. Classes in Italy will start mid February when we're still having final exams in Germany. No school break for us and we'll miss 1-2 weeks of classes.

0 comments: