First weekend in Bonn

Was lucky I managed to catch a flight to arrive here on a Friday so that I can get the keys to my room. My room has a little kitchen, a tiny bathroom, and a shared living/working/bedroom area. The best things about my room are the huge window and the mini fridge! My only complains are the super tiny shower space and the super hard bed. I do wish the floor is carpeted though. There's a small wardrobe to hang my clothes and there's plenty of shelves to put stuff.

The picture on the left is what I see when I look down from my window. The pictures below are views from my window from left to right.







Equipped with a visitor pass, I went to check out the museums. The Guggenheim Collection is awesome! It showcases feature pieces from Guggenheim musuems across the globe. There's also the Guggenheim Architecture where you see the models and design plans of Guggenheim museums which is pretty amazing. I took about 4 hours to finish them so image the floor space.
I also checked out the Kunst Museum next door which feature collections of August Macke; famous artist in the region.

Musuem Compound

By the time I finish both museums, it was already about 4:30pm and my legs were so tired! Still, I walked over to the other musuem that showcases the history of Germany. The descriptions are in German but they do have a guide book in English. I took a quick walk around the ground floor and found the setup creative and interesting. I shall go back there one of these days.

Took the train back to town and decided to visit Beethoven's house. Bonn is afterall Beethoven's hometown. Saw the original piano, the viola, original manuscripts and letters. The floor is very squeaky that I feel like it's gonna fall apart anytime. There's also the garden which is famous during spring when the flowers bloom.

The picture on the left is the alley between the house(R) and the garden(L).

1 comments:

    take some pictures of the room!