The verdict on Twitter

I've been using Twitter for about a week now and I've posted 28 tweets so far. Do I like it? Not really. There's too much noise in the data. I'm not exactly interested to know every single tweet in real time from the people who I follow. I find it really annoying to see my phone blinking all the time. I just hate having unread messages. It makes me feel stressful knowing that I still have pending 'work' to do. In the case of Twitter, the 'work' would be to read the damn tweet that I probably don't care about. I don't seem to be able to find a setting on the BlackBerry Twitter application to send notifications to the phone only on direct messages and mentions. This behavior is really getting on my nerves that I'm considering to remove Twitter from my phone.

Another thing that I find annoying is, the tweets that I have read on another desktop or web application would still appear as new tweets on my phone. Then I have to mark them as read. Otherwise, the phone will keep blinking and it'll be stressing me out. Maybe I should just remove the app from my phone and everything will be fine.

Edit:
About 6 hours after I've written the above, I found the settings screen that allows me to set notifications only for replies and direct messages. I'm such an idiot LOL

1 comments:

    hahaha yah the setting's there!