Good times in Aachen

ich habe meine Deutsch Prüfung bestanden! :D

When I arrived at the train station, I was only expecting Laurent and was suprised the gang of friends were also there to meet me. We went for dinner at a nearby little asian shop. The food portion is huge, probably similar in size to the portion in Chicago chinatown. The next day, we met up with Jose and had dinner in front of the Rathaus. We chose the restaurant next to Starbucks so that we could go there for coffee after dinner. I found out that both of them loved the huge comfy chairs there as well. Hehe. Unfortunately, Starbucks was closed after we finished dinner. I think it closed at 8pm. So decided to go to one of the ice cafes for ice cream. They sell very fancy ice cream combinations just like here in Italy but only for 2/3 of the price. We looked at the menu and chose the smallest type and it still turned out to be big. Bigger than the picture really.

After my German exam on Friday, I walked around town and did some shopping. Then, I went to the bookstore to get some books to read during the vacation. There are so many nice books and it was difficult to decide what to buy. I picked a few books and went to the seating area and started to read the first few pages to see how I like them. I was reading Mitch Albom's latest, For One More Day, and when I stopped and looked up I saw that I've already read 50 pages. That's about a third of the book. Since I have time I decided to finish the book. I skipped a couple of sub stories but in the end I know whether it's a ghost story or not.

We went to Cologne on Saturday. Our itinerary include KFC for lunch, shopping for backpack, shoes and sleeping bag, and watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. They weren't many people watching it and there's no commercial. I think the cinema in KL would still be very crowded.
On Sunday, we had a bbq session at the park and were worried that it might rain. The weather was cool and the sky was mostly cloudy. It drizzled lightly for a few minutes while we were grilling the meat. Then the clouds moved away. The weather was just perfect. Cool with the sun mostly covered by clouds. The breeze is a bit chilly though. When I got back to Italy, I'm dreading the hot hot sun again. Going to be staying home as much as I could.

If I really tried, I think I might be able to write this post in German.

0 comments: