Caldonazzo Lake

I didn't know that this lake is only less than an hour away by train. When we set out in the morning, the weather was cool and mostly cloudy. While my friends prayed for sunshine, I just hoped that it wouldn't rain. There were a few beaches along the lake and they were still quite empty. We picked a shady spot and laid our stuff down. Then we decided to take the paddle boat out to the lake. The weather turned partly cloudy with cool breeze. Wished I have a boat of my own so I can lie there as long as I want.

After we came back from paddling, I stayed in our spot to finish reading Train Man while the others went swimming. Even though it started to get crowded, I was surprised that it wasn't noisy. I get to enjoy my book with a beautiful view and pleasant weather. So glad it wasn't hot like it had been for the past week; over 40C!. As we were heading back to the train station, it started to drizzle. We realised we were late so we had to run to the station and were lucky enough to catch the train. After a couple of minutes, rain started to pour. Then I started hoping that the rain would stop when we get off and it did!

View from our shady spot where I lay to read

A family swimming as we paddled back to the jetty


View of the beach from the lake

2 comments:

    ooO looks like a very nice place.

    yah..it's nice. there are still so many lakes in the area that we have not been. we also get to go for free! hehe.