Exams are over!

The exam period sure felt like a very long time even though I took a one week break to go on vacation. The last exam turned out better than I expected. I did quite badly in explaining the algorithm of my applications. I was just spilling out formulas which I memorised the day before. He was expecting some sort of presentation like a set of slides but we weren't aware of it. His assistant told him that she told us that we need not prepare slides. Well I managed to show him that my application works but I doubt he understood how I made it work. He asked to explain the code and I started taking a long route instead of showing him directly the important parts. After a couple of minutes, he suddenly just asked for my exam book. When I passed it to him, he said he'll give me the marks after they look at the other student's application. He somehow made me feel that I'm wasting his time.

I was very nervous during the wait and tried to distact myself from listening to the other student's exam. They seemed to have a better strategy with him and he was using the blackboard to explain stuff. Each of us have different projects so I can't tell whether the explaination is good or not. After the student finished, I thought they would need some time to discuss our marks. A minute later, he told us that they propose the high score. I thought it didn't apply to me until he asked me if I'm ok with the score. I said yes. Then he continued to propose that he would give us the highest possible score if we do some documentation. The other student agreed and so I followed suit. He asked if we could trust us and give us the score now and expect to get the documentation later. He then wrote the scores in our exam books. After they left, we started working on the documentation and finished it a few hours later. This morning I got replies from them that they liked my slides. Phew!

0 comments: