Wish I'm still in Japan

Exactly one week ago, I boarded the flight for my maiden trip to Japan. I was really excited to see the place where a lot of my favorites come from, including sushi/sashimi, cute stationery, cool gadgets, and anime/manga. Of course, Japan is also a very beautiful country and the people are polite and nice. 

I spent the entire trip in Kyoto and went to Nara (an hour away) for a half-day trip. The cities are really beautiful even during the summer with different shades of green. I can imagine the beauty of these places during the spring cherry blossom and the colors of fall. I hope I'll be able to visit again during the spring or fall season. 

I think what really made me want to stay longer, or even considering to move there, is the people and their culture. People smile and greet each other, even strangers. You get excellent service at stores and restaurants. They give way when walking down a crowded street. They also tilt their umbrellas away to make way. On the subway, they don't push. Instead they make a line while waiting to board the train. And everywhere is just so neat and clean, even the streets.

Oh and the food....amazing! The plastic ones look so real that I sometimes double check to see if  they are indeed plastic. Hahaha.

I had a great time and it is even better than what I had thought it would be. :D I'm already adding Japan to my list of possible trips for next year. Hehe.

4 comments:

    post photos!

    I've already posted some photos on picasaweb

    OH WOW! I love so many elements in all of them and have certainly been thinking of all good things. SO CUTE, thanks for the inspiration.

    Cold Food Displays

    how long have you lived in Japan?