I cooked pork

This is my first attempt at cooking a pork dish coz I generally don't like pork. I bought some ribs for cooking soup last week and there are quite a few pieces left. So I searched around for ribs recipes and decided to make spicy honey mustard sauce to go with the pork. I boiled the ribs in water for about an hour to soften it. Then I make the sauce and marinade the meat overnight. I don't have a grill in the kitchen so I pan-fried it. After about 5 minutes, I realised that the meat is not as soft I wanted them to be. So I debone the ribs and simmer the meat with the sauce for another 5 minutes. The meat turned out really tasty :D




Recipe for Spicy Honey Mustard Sauce
Ingredients
  • For quarter pounds of ribs:
  • 3/4 tbs oil
  • 1/8 small onion finely minced
  • 3 tbs honey
  • 2 tbs Dijon mustard
  • 1 tbs cider vinegar
  • 1 1/2 ts red pepper flakes
  • a pinch of salt
  • pepper to taste
Directions
1. Heat the oil in a pan.
2. Cook the onions well or until caramelised.
3. Add all the rest of the ingredients and stir gently for 5 minutes.
4. Let the sauce cool slightly before using it to marinade the meat.


1 comments:

    you cooked pork and yet it's not spam, who would have thought! :D