Cooking creamy tuna pasta II

After using the cream previously for the first time, I checked the ingredients on the box and found out that it’s just plain cream. I thought it was already seasoned with herbs coz the label says ready to serve. So this time, I took a different approach. Tthe cream taste is masked pretty well by the other ingredients while I can still taste the zesty peppery taste of the tuna. :)

Ingredients for sauce (a slight variation from alfredo sauce)
25 ml cream (about 1/2 cup)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 ts ground black pepper
water if needed

1. Put penne rigate to boil.
2. Heat half can of tuna in a pan with just a little oil from the can. The tuna I used is already soaked in olive oil, garlic, basil and chili peppers.
3. When the tuna is hot, take them out, leaving the oil behind and set aside in a plate.
4. About 3 minutes before the pasta is due to be ready, pour the cream into the same pan with remaining oil and stir.
5. Add grated parmesan cheese and ground black pepper. Mix them well.
6. When the pasta is ready, drain and pour into the pan and mix with the sauce.
7. Add in the tuna and mix again. (I do this last coz I prefer tuna in chunks)
8. Scoop into plate and serve.

0 comments: