Cooking pasta

Fusilli con pancetta, i pomodori e i piselli
(Spiral pasta with bacon, tomatoes and peas)

I didn't know before that the various shapes and sizes of pasta is used for different style of cooking. And there are tons of different shapes and sizes. For long thin strands, spaghetti is No. 5. The number starts from 1 which is the thinnest and goes up to maybe 10 or more. As for the sauce, there isn't much variety here. The pasta sauce section in the grocery store is mostly filled with just tomato paste or tomato puree. I guess the people here just buy the base sauce and add whatever they want inside later. I don't find sauce like those Prego makes. For wet sauce, tubular pasta like penne is more suitable to hold the sauce. Well, I had to use fusilli since I ran out of penne and as a result, there's more sauce left over on the plate. Didn't have bread to clean it either.

Buon Appetito!

1 comments:

    oOo, quite pro in cooking now already