Squeaky Shoes

For the past month, my shoes have been making squeaking sounds whenever I walked on wet surfaces. At first, I just ignored it since it's seldom wet here. Then on one wet day, I was walking about 10ft behind a couple of guys and my shoes were squeaking so loudly that those guys turned around to see what's making the sound. I pretended I didn't hear anything and started walking much slower. I suspected it's caused by drying them in the dryer earlier. When I moved, I wanted the shoes to be cleaned before I put them into the luggage. So I washed them by hand and had difficulty drying them. At first, I put them on my window ledge but the wind was blowing so strongly that day that I was afraid they'll get blown away. I took them back in and put them on top of the heater. It didn't get any drier so I decided to put them into the dryer for about 25 minutes. It turned out still a bit damp and I left it on the heater overnight. I was quite relieved that they turned out ok. Well, when I checked just now, I found out that some parts of the sole are loose! I guess the some of the glu did have melted under the heat. This is most probably the cause of the squeaking sound. Now I need to find a glu for it and hopefully they sell it in the supermarket.

2 comments:

    I think you should get a new one. Even if you do find a glue and glue it back, it might came off later also.

    i thought of gluing it back as a temporary measure but haven't manage to find glue at supermarket. now's it squeaking even when it's dry!