Italian Allure

After just a month in Germany and especially having had about 2 weeks of lunch at the school cafeteria, Italy feels like heaven. I went back for a workshop over the weekend and I truly enjoyed my stay. Spring has already arrived with warmer weather, blooming flowers and plenty of sunshine. The event was held in a building on the mountain side looking over the entire town. So the view is just excellent. I was lucky enough to get a room with the same view! The food and drink provided were delicious. I get to have cappucino for breakfast and machiato during coffee breaks. I miss machiato because it's not common outside Italy. I also craved for gelato and was about to go on a gelato eating spree. At first I bought 2 scoops and finished it while waiting for the rest to get theirs. Then we hung out in the piazza for a while and since no one had any idea where to go, I suggested to go to another gelateria. I went in to buy mango gelato and was surprised that most of the others also bought more gelato. When we were walking to another piazza passing a couple of gelaterias, I was tempted to buy more. However, I wanted to save some space for dinner and also didn't want to take the risk of getting sick since I was to be flying off the next day. Besides the weather, food, and beautiful scenery, I also experienced superb Italian hospitality. People are friendly with smiles on their faces and Italian guys can be really charming. With a combination of all these, one could easily fall in love!


View of Trento from the building


Having gelato


5 comments:

    Wow! Such beautiful scenery. If only we have that in Malaysia.

    beautiful spring time in Europe . . . . .

    Real Italian Gelato. Buy some for me when you're coming back, please. :P

    Hi! Simon referred me to you ... I was in Ahaus, germany last month and will move there soon to be with my BF if all goes well. Good to know there's a fellow Malaysian nearby. Where's Aachen?

    Ooh... Gelato... I had some when I visited the Greek community in Melbourne, Australia 4 yrs ago and I can't seem to forget it!