My flight from Paris was supposed to depart at 8:40am. There was a long line going through security and I was quite nervous that I might miss the plane. It was 8:45am after I cleared security but still the screen did not display the gate number for the flight yet. About 10 minutes later, there was an announcement in French and German calling passengers of my flight to a certain gate. Then another announcement was made and we were told that the flight was cancelled and we had the option to take the next flight to either Stuttgart or Düsseldorf. Not much information were given out and also lack of coordination between airline crew. When I asked when's the next available flight out to Cologne/Bonn, I was told 4:30pm. So they expect people to wait from 10:30am to 4:30pm in the airport! What if that flight is also not coming? I didn't want to take the chances and I knew there's a train leaving at noon so I went to train station in the next terminal to ask if there are still seats available. By the time I went back to retrieve my checked-in luggage and headed to the counter to purchase the ticket, the express counter was closed. I had to wait in line in the normal queue and I missed the noon train. Luckily, there's another train in an hour and I took that and finally got back to Bonn at about 5pm. The bank was still open and I managed to get my banking matters done. Headed back to my old dorm to my friend's room and started packing my stuff into the luggages. By the time I finished, it was time to leave for the train station again. I didn't have the time to do Asian grocery shopping as planned. Still, managed to grab nuggets from the McD nearby the train station for dinner. :)

0 comments: